Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Update on The Flock

For the past 11 days I have been in Wellington Hospital due to hard to treat nausea and dizzyness. I couldn't keep anything down or remained balanced on my feet. After tests and a CT scan, significant break through has been happening within my body. Firstly the nausea was thought to be adverse reaction to chemo. Partly thats the reason. The chemo has cleaned up the cancer in the bones, lungs and liver. But now some small tumours have appeared in the brain...in the area that controlls balance....hence nausea and dizzyness. And the best news of all is that these tumours are completely treatable.
 
Onto my stay in the hospital, I was pretty much tied to my bed, so a lazyboy reclining chair was brought in for me to sit in everyday.
 
 

Absolute bliss to have food and drink delivered and stitch all day. Got tonnes of stitching done.
 
Not without problems though. I had to take Morphine elixir which is really bitter tasting, unless mixed with blackcurrant juice. Unfortunately one lot of juice went all over my stitching. A panic driven text and emergency delivery of my Orvus and I was able to wash the fabric. Thank goodness that my red pear linen is about the same colour as the staining of blackcurrant juice. Basically any staining is undetectable. Here is an update photo, more to come..... of what I have done since that photo.

 
Here I have added the striped bird.

4 comments:

Nicky said...

Sorry to hear about the hospital stay and the nausea/balance issues, but how GREAT to hear that things are looking positive!! And of course the bonus of enforced stitching time - every cloud really does have a silver lining.....
Your Flock is looking great, I can't see any stain from here...

Sharon said...

I hope you are feeling better now. Sounds like awesome news regarding those new tumors. Your flock is looking fabulous!

Von said...

Such great news that treatment has beaten back the cancer! Praying that continues until you are completely free of it. Hugs!

Adrienne Calderwood said...

Just love your stitching projects, you inspire me! What stain?!Am so proud of you fighting the cancer, you are a STAR!Keep stitching girl. My goal this year is to complete the backlog if craft items waiting for me, first up is scrapbooking the European photos from 2009!Still in packets, am thinking of creating my own Blog-so you can take a look. x