Wednesday, February 06, 2013

More Flock stitching and another start in the pipeline

Well as promised here is the latest update photo of my Flock stitching.  It really is a joy to stitch.  I love the colours the shape of the birds and leaves and just the whole  design.


Sorry about the hoop marks.
 
I am now about to stitch something for my DH for Valentines Day.  Its called 'I will Love you' by Annie Beez Folk Art.  A nice small simple design.
 
The thing is that I am so thankfully lucky with, is that my family and my friends all love my stitching, so I am so happy to spend my time, leaving this stitching legacy of mine.  I hope that when time has passed on that my stitching will allow people to reflect on what has been and what was.
 
It works well on all fronts, as I am in such a positive headspace at the moment.  Stitching is truly therapeutic.  I am losing a bit of speech/thinking coordination and the balance is still a bit wobbly, but I am getting there with the stitching.  Also still having to rest and get the hip mended.  Which can only be done with rest.
 
As well as stitching that has kept busy, I have also done painting and other craft work.  I painted and made this name plaque for my daughter, in her favourite colours.

photo copy by stitchcat1

 
 
 
As far as I am concerned, crafting and hobbies are good for the soul...and definately good therapy when life throws you a curve ball.  I am sure as you are all fantastic crafters you would have to agree.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I really love seeing the progress on your projects, Margaret. Love the wall thing for Nadia. Does she love owls too? Hannah is mad on owls and has made herself an owl schoolbag. Your attitude to everything is so inspiring. Love you heaps and thinking of you always xx

Nicky said...

It is wonderful to hear how much you are enjoying your stitching, it is so good for the soul to have a stress release hobby like this. Your daughters name plaque is lovely too, you are a woman of many talents!