Monday, February 18, 2013

How I got on with the Hermit Weekend

I think I was fairly productive.  In between naps on the sofa and helping out in a simplified way in the garden, and a trip to the tip,  and browsing in my favourite on-line needlework supplies store, I managed to do quite a bit of stitching.

I continued on with The Flock all day on Saturday.  It was a lovely sunny day and almost too good to be sitting inside, but that is pretty much where I stayed on the sofa.

Here is the progress photo: (Doesn't seem all that much)



On Sunday, it was fairly overcast outside, but very warm.  I got up bright eyed and bushy tailed and made the executive decision to procrastinate as much as possible with stitching the flock, so I did everything but.

I helped DH tidy up around the garden.  THEN I started a new cross stitch design.

Its for Halloween...Black Cat by Brown House Studios.



Im not really a follower of Halloween, but I do love black cats, orange, witch and bat silhouettes and pumpkins.  I decided last year to stitch a heap of halloween inspired ornaments and brought a lovely Tawa ornament tree to hang them off.

 

See the wee bird on top -  that made it a must have.  Especially as the bird looks similar in shape to a kaka (one of our native parrots).
 
Now before I head off for another day of stitching, I will go and have a look at the blogs of some of the other peopl who signed up for IHSW weekend, and see how they got on.

 

3 comments:

Claire said...

Great progress.x

Karen said...

You've made excellent progress on The Flock! I've never been much of a Halloween stitcher either, but have seen several patterns this past year that I liked and also bought a black tree somewhat like the one you have lol.

SY said...

Do you have previous pics of the tree with the ornaments or did you just get the tree? I too love all the Halloweenie things that you mentioned and trees are always good for all things crafting. I love the lovely versions out there of the tree of life.