Saturday, January 05, 2013

Cath Kidston Bag

The other day I decided to get out the bag kit from my Cath Kidstons Sew book and make it up.



The bag came unlined, so I chose a fabric from my fat quarter stash and added my own lining. It gave the bag a bit more substance.




It was so easy to make.  I had a look at peoples reviews on how they found the instructions and making up of the bag, and lots of people grizzled because they couldn't do the Rouleaux button tab because the fabric was too thick.  I don't believe these people put enough energy into doing it, because I had no trouble...yes it took me the best part of 1/2 hour to turn the fabric, but thats the thing with getting a decent finish, you have to sometimes put in a bit of effort to get the rewards.
 
I enjoyed making up the bag, and look forward to making up a few of the other projects in the book.
 
I was hoping the bag would be big enough to carry my Ipad, but its not wide enough.  The Ipad will go in on its end though.

Went to the hospital yesterday for my 5th lot of chemo and never had it, this is because first thing in the morning I was booked in for an Xray on the top of my legs, pelvic region which has been giving me such grief lately (I had radiation there last Monday - because there is quite a bit of cancer in that region), and the Xray showed I have an acetabular fracture (hip ball and joint area) which means I have to walk around on crutches for a quite a while and rest.  Another area affected by osteoporosis (my collar bone broke 2 months ago), which is going to be an ongoing thing...I will continue to be surprised by breakages I guess. ( I have never had a broken bone in my body...so you can imagine how difficult it is to walk around on crutches).

Oh well resting time means more stitching time!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Lovely bag Margaret... gee that's tough about the hip fracture. I hope it's not causing too much pain. Wish I was there with you. Reading this makes me miss you :-( xx

Rowyn said...

The bag looks great. I like your choice of lining.

Sorry to read of the tough time you are going through with your health. Take it easy.

Suzanne said...

Love the bag, it looks great! That's no good with the fractures. Take care and rest.

Nicky said...

Gorgeous bag..... so perseverance does pay off then....
I am sorry to hear of your fracture, but glad to hear you are looking at the positives of lots more stitching time! Take care...... Nicky x