Thursday, January 17, 2013

Basket of Memories

Just thought I would show you my latest finish.

 
Basket of Memories - Blackbird Designs
 
 
I decided to quickly stitch it up and make up in time for a friend of mine from Reefton coming up to stay the weekend.  She has always had an interest in cross stitch, and she has been spurred on by all the things I stitch....yes I have encouraged someone.
 
 
Sarah booked her tickets a couple of months ago, and I warned her a couple of weeks ago I may not be much company as I am getting knocked about harder and harder after each lot of chemo.  Last weekend I slept all weekend.  Doesn't matter she said, she wants to see me and will bring up her cross stitch to do while I am asleep :-)  Its the first one she got after she saw all my stitching I think.  Because she said not to laugh.
 
So I think she will like her gift.  With the pincushion I will add a pair of Embroidery Angel scissors also in blue (fav. colour)
 
 
Oh well, now after that slight detour, I will go back to my usual stitching.


5 comments:

Kara said...

That is lovely too... I'm sure Sarah loved it. Where did you find the gorgeous angel scissors? And I hope Tui is staying away from large trees :-)
xxx

Kath said...

Oh I love that design Margaret. Katrina gave it to me for my birthday last year. Been thinking of you, and you know we are here and thinking of you. Bugger that the chemo is knocking you around and hope it is kicking butt though.

Nicky said...

What a beautiful gift for your friend, she will be thrilled. It's always nice to know that our stitching has encouraged others to give it a go! Enjoy your visit with Sarah.....

Wendy said...

This is on my list of things to do. I just love it. Your friend will love it too. So nice that you are having some time together. Hope you have not got too much chemo to go.

Suzanne said...

What a lovely gift! It's good to see your stitching encouraging others to stitch.