Thursday, November 22, 2012

Daisy Lane Cottage and Hanging out at the Bay

When I finished stitching Daisy Lane Cottage by LHN, I wanted a nice easy way to make it into a wallhanging, because next week we are doing a quick tour of Otago in the South Island and we will be visiting my DHs mother one night.  I had always intended for her to be the recipient of this stitching. 

I dont think it has turned out too badly and with my sight returning better each day, it wasn't too hard to get the finish just as I wanted.

 
Daisy Lane Cottage - Little House Needleworks

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Wellington.  Had a hospital appointment in the morning and in the afternoon my best friend was flying in from Australia.  The flight was delayed for 3 hours beacause of a broken toilet, so we sat at Oriental Bay in the sunshine watching the world go by and waiting for the time to tick round.

The ferries from the connecting the North and South Islands came and went....


The fountain in the harbour was turned on and the spray of the water looked fantastic in the sunlight.


And some rowers came out and started training back and forth.....


A beautiful day all round really

No comments: