Monday, February 06, 2012

WIPocalypse 2012 February Update

Here is this months update. One down, five to go.  Yes I finished Ewe Smitten.  Well the stitching anyway.  Now I have to make it up into some style of ornament all ready for Feb 14th.  I haven't worked on any of the other WIPS as of yet, but I am sure the coming months will show some progress on this.

Anyone who is familiar with Ewe Smitten will see I have changed the colours.  I seem to do that a lot with different patterns.  I am currently stitching 'strong and beautiful' by LHN and there are big colour changes with that.  But will leave that for another post.  The birds in Ewe Smitten have been stitched to look like pied oystercatchers.  I stitched them like that because this picture reminds me of the time we spent down south around the MacKenzie Country where there were plenty of sheep and oystercatchers.

Ewe Smitten - Bent Creek

I am pretty happy with how it turned out :)

22 comments:

Kath said...

Hey, been thinking about you! Love Ewe Smitten and your changes, very clever.

Sharon said...

Great finish and colors are pretty!

Raphaelray said...

Adorable! I love the brown sheep on the grey background - great color combo.

natalyK said...

Too cute! Just in time for Valentines Day!

Diane (di) said...

Ewe Smitten is so cute... great job on the changes, too. Happy Dance!!! :)

Gizzimomo said...

Pretty!

Beth in IL said...

Great finish!

Beth Pearce said...

Cute ornament! Congrats on a finish!

robindefender said...

I love all of Bent Creek's little sheep kits. Yours looks adorable.

Yvon (jioya) said...

Great colors, i like the color changes on the birds.

Hugs Yvon.

Ziggyeor said...

oh very cute sheep. Great job.

Robin said...

Aww! Ewe Smitten is so cute. I'd love to do this one for the knitters and spinners in my life!

Lija said...

Cute ... well done!

Bonnie Brown said...

Cute finish!

Kim said...

Love it! Too cute. Congrats on your finish :)

JoAnna said...

Adorable!

Amiee said...

Love the colors you picked. Congratulations.

Sharon said...

Cute, cute, cute! I just love sheep :)

www.ronjja.com said...

It looks adorable! Thanks for visiting my blog =)

MoonBeam said...

Very cute. It's fun to personalize projects for your needs.

jennilynn said...

Congrats on the finish. I love the colors.

Karen said...

Cute!