Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Absolutely freezing!

No one told me it would be so cold here - but I think this weather is the same all over the country.  Nice stitching weather though, just a pity I have to venture outside to go to work and to walk the dog.  When I did take keira for a walk earlier -  I looked more like someone going to visit Antarctica.

I thought to mentally try to warm myself up, I would post some nice sunny type photos of my new surrounds.

To get to our community from the city of  Lower Hutt, we have to go up and over the Wainuiomata Hill.  Stunning views from the top though.

This is from the top looking down at Wainuiomata where I live.....


This is looking down towards the Lower Hutt side.....

Petone - the Lower Hutt area closest to the harbour....


Lower Hutt - Hutt Park....


Lower Hutt.....Hutt River....


The marina at Seaview - directly below the Wainuiomata hill.....


Looking out past Seaview and over the harbour towards Wellington City.....  with Matiu/Somes Island in the middle.....

A close up of Matiu/Somes Island.....


A close up of the large ship in the harbour.....


A close up of Wellington.... If you click on the photo you get a view of the wind turbines above the city and our Parliament building - the Beehive which is shaped like a beehive and sitting in the middle of the photo.
The views are stunning on a sunny day.

I will have more stitchy photos soon...hope you liked the scenic shots.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Its freezing here under the mountain too, canr see the mountain for cloud so dont know how much snow is up there.

Farm Girl said...

Fabulous photos! The Wellington region is one of my fave places to visit. Thanks for sharing your great pics.

leeni1176 said...

Wow, beautiful pictures...makes me want to travel to NZ

Arlene

leeni1176 said...

Gorgeous Pictures..On my Bucket List to make to your side of the world one day....

Love your kitty and Dog too.....