Saturday, August 14, 2010

New member of the family

As you know I help out at the SPCA doing data entry of all the cat dog and other animal surrenders and adoptions. I know what comes in and what goes out. Having spent the whole of the summer tempted by all the gorgeous kittens, I decided that I wanted to add another cat/kitten to the family. Kittens are cute and here in Greymouth always find homes. Down in the boarding cages I noticed one male cat was always there and he had the sweetest nature. I kept thinking I dont want a older cat. But he had been there a month and to be honest time was running out. He had been abandoned at a house when his owners moved away. I decided I would have him. And what a loving friendly guy he is. He is a little overweight...so he is on a diet.

Here he is....I have named him Chubby :) He is a lovely cameo tabby. His hobbies are eating and sleeping and he is 5 years old.



At first my dog Keira was jealous....shes a baby...who, if I don't get round to taking her for a walk - which is rarely, wont eat her dinner.

So now I am the proud owner of a funny rotund looking cat and a funny looking dog with wonky ears.


On the stitching front I have done a tiny amount of an ornament and my current project...I will post some pictures soon. I am just trying to get my cardigan finished. Will give an update when I have a decent photo to show.

6 comments:

Rowyn said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family :-) Chubby is gorgeous!

Juanita said...

So glad to see that Chubby found a home with you.

gatofish said...

Congratulations on the new addition to your family! Chubby's a cutie and it's always so nice to hear of an animal finding a new, loving home.

Gillie said...

Wow, never ceases to amaze me, the indifference of some people! Move house, leave animal. Grrr....! Gorgeous boy, pleae give him a hug from me.

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on the new family member! Chubby is very cute...he does need a little slimming!

Farm Girl said...

Oh what a sweet cat, both your cat and dog are beautiful......wonky ears and chubbiness makes them even cuter!