Saturday, January 16, 2010

Home from holiday

And what a great one it was. The high altitude and country air did wonders for me. I caught up with friends, took lots of photos and just relaxed. It was kind of strange coming back to the coast. One of the big things I notcied was I couldn't sleep last night, even though I was in my own bed. I had perfect nights sleep down south...it must be that altitude thing again.

I think my problem is I feel really unsettled living here...I love it down south...I could go on about it always. My DH has no intention of moving, so it looks like we are here for the long haul. Maybe I will feel better once I have a job. Even my daughter, who remembered a few of the places and people down there, said she loved it too. The biggest problem with the place when we lived down there was the remoteness, and having to travel 1.5 - 2 hours to get to a large town was draining.

I have to admit it was nice to take my dog for a walk along the beach last night :)

While I was away I did a bit of stitching, and I brought myself another quilting pattern. This one is called Briar Rose Cottage designed by Desiree Simpson (the same designer as the Natural Beauties Quilt pattern I brought. I love it and it reminds me of a house I love in Central Otago.

I am quite excited about starting these quilts as well as all the stitching I am going to do this year.

No comments: