Monday, January 04, 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you all had a safe and happy Christmas and New Year celebration.

I have no pictures to show of finished stitching today, I am just finishing up my Christmas ornaments which is shameful I know. No excuses for the lack of stitching in 2009 other than being busy with my studies, my job and general homelife.

The beginning of each year is the same for me....I say I am going to do more stitching, and it never happens. Well this year I made a personal resolution to my friend Anne. I have said that if she doesnt notice me doing a reasonable amount of stitching she is to verbally kick me in the butt. Now I know that it is a lot to put on Anne, and I know she wouldn't kick me in the butt, but I have have made a personal pledge to her, and she is so generous to me, so I will uphold the pledge :)

So that will mean regular blogging....which means going on the computer of course....and this is just after saying to Anne that the internet was the death of my stitching. Except for building up my stash and meeting online stitching friends of course.

I haven't really any other goals for the year other than sorting out what study I will do this year - a diploma in the environment and sustainability is looking good at the moment, and finding another part time job to fit in with the job I already have.

At the end of this week, I am going away with my daughter down to Twizel (where we lived for a while), for a weeks break (DH is working), and then when we come back we are going camping...I hope the rain has stopped by then.

So keep your eyes peeled for entries on my blog throughout the coming year.

2 comments:

Von said...

Please don't feel shame for stitching on ornaments past Christmas! You're just stitching ahead for next Christmas, or the one following! :D

Rowyn said...

Happy new year Margaret.

The internet comes between me and my stitching too. I commented about this on another blog today too, so I think the problem is widespread!! :-)

Have fun in Twizel and on your camping trip. It's back to work for me tomorrow, ho hum.