Sunday, February 01, 2009

Heartbroken :(

Last Thursday I had to say goodbye to Zoe...my old black labrador. It is one of the hardest things to do because I will miss her so much. She was only a little over a month away from turning 15. I have had her since was 5 weeks old. She slipped a disk in her back...must of happened in the night...the vet felt that even if her back was fixed, she wouldn't have a very high quality of life. Even the vet shed a few tears...she had got to know Zoe last year when she spent a few nights in the vets due to getting geriatric vesticular syndrome.


Zoe has gone away to be cremated and when we next go down to Otago, I am going to scatter her ashes where she used to enjoy chasing the rabbits when we were down there. There were many places we used to go walking or camping and Zoe would take off only to be seen miles away in the distance in dried up river beds or running up the sides of mountains.

I loved that dog...I can't stop crying...this morning I got up and went to feed her, only to realise shes not here anymore :(


Here are some pictures I took of her and the cats on Christmas Day.



RIP Zoe 13.03.1994 - 29.01.2009



7 comments:

Andie said...

Oh Maggie!!! *big squeezy hugs*

WendyCarole said...

I am so sorry to hear your news. Sending hugs

Laura said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Kiss your other furbabies fiercely.

Rowyn said...

So sorry to read your sad news Margaret. Sending hugs your way.

mercy said...

So sorry to hear about your baby...my thoughts are with you at this time!

Margaret said...

My condolences to you and yours in the passing of your sweet Zoe. May wonderful memories comfort you in the loss of your dear friend.

Von said...

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your dear Zoe. :(