Monday, September 29, 2008

The Dragonfly

I finished another mosaic project. This is the other 'Funky Glass Art' kit that I got from the Dunkleys Craft show. I really enjoyed doing this dragonfly, I love the colours and mosaics is one of those crafts where you don't really have to think much...just let the creativity flow. I have this hanging in the sun porch by the front door and on a sunny day it absolutely sparkles.




I also have another stitching finish to show you...I actually finished the stitching last year and added the fabric frame early this year, hung it up by my front door, in the sun porch and completely forgot to take a photo.




Still, 'Above the Clouds' rules my life...sometimes I don't know why I started it, but I know it will look stunning once finished. I think as I have said before TW designs drive me batty with the excessive amounts of colour changes...it sure is a challenge.

5 comments:

Rowyn said...

Wow, love the mosaic! Great stitchy finish too.

Andie said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!The dragon fly is gorgeous!!! WOW! I love dragonflys! :D Your finish is lovely too :D I'm sure I remember you posting the stitching finished :D Congratulations on two lovely Happy Dances! In the Clouds..... could this be the reason for your lack of cross stitch time? I LOVE tw's but I HATE tw's lol

vEr0n!c@ said...

That's a beautiful mosaic dragonfly. And your finishing is lovely. Congratulations!

Karen said...

I love your dragon fly mosaic, it turned out great! Nice finish on your stitchy piece too. :o)

Mel in Dubai said...

Your dragonfly is stunning - love it! I can just imagine how it sparkles when the sun hits it :)

I like your Irish welcome too - I have been meaning to do something similar for a long time. Something else always pushes in begging to be done first though - lol!