Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Beach


Well no stitching to show but I couldnt resist posting some photos I took on my phone while I was at the beach with my daughter and my dog this afternoon. It wasn't a overly sunny day, quite overcast in fact. The beach is just over the road from our house and its nice to wander down there in all types of weather. Nadia was engrossed with throwing sticks into the water for poor old Zoe to retrieve. We even met with a surprise as we wandered along the beach.

Nadia & Zoe on Blaketown Beach, Greymouth on the West Coast of the South Island

"Bring that stick back Zoe, I want to throw it again!"


"Ok, this is the last time I will throw it, I promise - yeah right"

Look what was watching us a little further down the beach...a young seal.


One last look over its shoulder at us, before the young seal heads back to the water - I don't think it was too keen on Zoe.

3 comments:

Andie said...

Wow! That looks awesome! Which part of greymouth do you live in?

Rowyn said...

Awwww.... how cute. And far more interesting than sheep on the beach. LOL

Mel in Dubai said...

I loved walking along the beach on cloudy overcast days with the dog when we were back in Oz. Actually I loved the wet and woolly days for walking along the beach too :)

How wonderful to see the young seal too!