Well Im just a big copycat. My friend Andie has just announced that she has started a 25 project challenge, and when I saw this, I almost fell off my chair becuase I had been thinking about starting a challenge of my own. I have brought so many new patterns lately and its time to stop or else I am going to lose track of what I have and what I want to do. I am not putting a timelimit on this, because there is no way I could commit to even guessing a deadline. Here are the rules...Ive changed them a bit. I havent filled in all 50 spaces, because there are some projects in my stash I don't know if I even want to complete. But rest assured, anything I add, will not be a new purchase but something I have already.
1.Have fun reducing my pattern stash - if it isnt fun...why on earth am I stitching.
2.There is no time limit.
3.I will not purchase any new patterns until 50 projects have been stitched.
4.Pattern size does not matter.
5.This challenge will also apply to any sewing, knitting, quilting patterns, that I decide to throw in for good measure.
6.I am allowed some exemptions. My exceptions are that I am allowed to buy supplies needed to complete projects on my list as long as I absolutely can't substitute something using my existing stash. This would mainly be threads and hand dyed fabrics...I have everything else I need.
7.Gifts, gift cards, trades, RAKs (stash sent by others randomly) and patterns bought with gift money are not a violation of this challenge.
8.Freebies will count as part of my total and I can aquire them at any point.
9.I will not declare all the projects I intend to work on, straight away, because there may be some in my stash I want to get rid of. Also unexpected gifts, and I will be adding the annual family Christmas ornaments. I have alloted some positions to UFOS that I have, but those spaces may be replaced by something else. Infact anything is liable to be replaced - just so I fill up my list of 50.*
10.I have decided to make the offical start date of this challenge, the beginning of October 2007. (one ornament is included that I just have to sew up).
*No doubt when I eventually finish this challenge, I will have another one I can start.
1. The Gingerbread Man Christmas Ornament
2. The Little Visitor Christmas Ornament
3. Peace On Earth Christmas Ornament
4. My Christmas Ornament
5. Inlaws Christmas Ornament
6. Inlaws Christmas Ornament
7. Pukeko Sunset (UFO)
8. Maxs Moon (UFO)
13. Old Stone Church - Elizabeths Designs
14. Woodland Cottage - Elizabeths Designs
15. Black Crow Cottage - Elizabeth Designs
16. Shepherds Cottage - Elizabeth Designs
17. In The Garden Of My Heart - Elizabeth Designs
18. Awake The dawning Day - Blackbird Designs
19. House On Acorn Hill - Blackbird Designs
20. 1890 House Sampler - Chessie & Me
21. Spot Of Coffee - Little House Needleworks
22. Cabin In The Woods - Bent Creek
23. Redbird Sampler - Bent Creek
24. Blackbird Sampler - Bent Creek
25. Blue Bird Sampler - Bent Creek
26. Brownbird Sampler - Bent Creek
27. The Border House - Bent Creek
28. For The Birds - The Drawn Thread
29. The Brown Ranch Sampler - The Drawn Thread
30. Autumn Leaves - The Prairie Schooler
31. Winter Wind - The Prairie Schooler
32. Spring Has Come - The Prairie Schooler
33. Summer Breeze - The Prairie Schooler
34. Moo Moo Moo - Margaret Sherry
35. Baa Baa Baa - Margaret Sherry
36. Serendipity - Papillon Creations
37. Signs Of Winter - Bent Creek
So there you have it...wish me luck LOL. I seem to be making a few challenges for my self these days.
~ Shop Open Saturday ~
7 hours ago