Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Its all over

Im back...no more treatment....yippee!!!!!


The month away in Christchurch having radiation went quite fast. I had a 'zap' every day - the whole appointment time would take 10 minutes then I had the rest of the day to myself. I did lots of shopping...a bit of stash and some clothes. Oh and wool to do some more knitting. I finished the stumpwork picture I was working on, so just have to make that up into a little cushion. And I knitted a beanie for my daughter. The rest of the time I spent walking and biking round.


One day I biked out to the zoo - Orana Park (16ks one way) - and I got a few cute pics of animals on my phone....forgot the camera. Heres a couple of pictures.....

Baby giraffe up close

NZ's very own dinosaur - the tuatara.

And the day before I came home from Christchurch, I had a mammogram and got a clean bill of health. So now I take a drug Tamoxifen for an unspecified amount of time - maybe 5 years - and that stops breast cancer recurring in the same breast or starting up in the other one.

Now for something different!

Ok now I've been tagged by Rowyn. I have to tell you eight things about myself that you might not already know.

Here’s how to play:

1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves

2. People who are tagged write a blog post about their own 8 random things and post these rules

3. At the end of your blog you need to tag 8 people and post their names

4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

**********************************************************

1. My family came from Ireland.

2. I can spend hours watching insects...Im fascinated by them. Same goes for birds.

3. I had my motorbike licence before I got my car licence.

4. I am deeply concerned about conservation - and working with one of NZs rarest birds was such a blessing.

5. As well as collecting stitching stash, I seem to collect books that I never read.

6. I have kept a diary/journal since I was 12.

7. I lived with my parents till I was 24 - cheap board!

8. The number plate on my car is XSTCHA.

***********************************************************

Well there you go...I am supposed to tag 8 people, but I see that this one is doing the rounds quite extensively, so if anyone wants to consider themselves tagged...feel free :)

6 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

I love reading what people share about themselves. You like to watch insects?? I avoid them at all possible cost ;)

Rowyn said...

Congratulations on the clean bill of health, that's wonderful news! Love the photos from Orana Park. Thanks for sharing 8 things about you! :0)

Singular Stitches said...

I've been away from reading blogs (because of a class I was taking), but what wonderful news to come back to!! I'm so happy for you that the treatments are finito!! :o)

Andie said...

*hugs* So glad to see you back! I love the giraffes too :)

Margaret said...

Congratulations on the clean bill of health!!! You are a champ to have gone through all this in the past year. Now it is time to start enjoying a new found healthy life.

Von said...

How wonderful to see that the treatments are all over and you're doing so well!! Hurrah!