Saturday, April 21, 2007

One More Gift

I have come home for the weekend after having 7 treatments of radiation. All is going well, and I head back to Christchurch on Monday morning. Its quite a novelty to spend time in a city...but its so noisy. Really nice to be back in our sleepy little town...quite a different comment to what I would have said a year ago :) I have been walking and biking around Christchurch in order to keep my fitness up, so that is how I am mostly spending my time, now I have been in so many shops. I think I am almost shopped out now :)

This is the first opportunity I have had to update my blog. I can now post photos of a birthday gift (needlebook and scissor fob) I made for a dear friend of mine, Sy, in America, as she let me know she had received it. I didnt want to spoil the surprise and post it on my blog just incase she happened to spot it on there.

The design is a freebie - Angelas Scottish Thistles by Twisted Oaks Designs....






The stumpwork picture I am doing is almost finished, not too much more left on that.

5 comments:

Itching To Stitch said...

What a beautiful needlebook and fob you made for your friend ;)

Margaret said...

Gorgeous gifts for your friend!!
Good to hear from you and know that you are hanging in there. Enjoy a wonderful weekend and will be thinking of you next week.

AnneS said...

Great to hear the treatments are going well and you're keeping so positive - you're a real inspiration! :D Your latest gifts are really beautiful - both recipients will love them, I'm sure :D And I can't wait to see your happy dance with the JN stumpwork ... you may even inspire me to drag one of my UFO's out of the closet too ... maybe ;P

Rowyn said...

Hope things are going well for you Margaret. Love your finishes.

P.S. You've been tagged... check my blog to see.

Heidi said...

Sweet little needlebook! A gift I'm sure your friend will cherish...