Friday, October 20, 2006

One Chemo treatment down

Yippee...so far I have no side effects...not feeling sick or anything. 5 more doses left, but I dont have to worry about that for another 3 weeks. Going back to Christchurch to have what is call ed a PICC line put in my arm. This is to make the treatments and blood taking easier, as I have shocking veins that are hard to find.

Getting my hair cut short this weekend in preperation for the big fall. Went to Look Good Feel Better workshop during the week...it was great. Got a heap of freebies...more than I imagined. Felt wonderful afterwards....the people who run it do an amazing job.

Off now to plant a few of my vege seedlings into the garden, then I am going to sew some headwear bandanna thingys...they are called doo-rags...and its what bikeys wear under their helmets...sort of fitting scarves with ties at the back. I will make mine a bit bigger to cover the head fully.

Have been knitting too...but sadly no stitching at this point.

Here is a hat I knitted a few weeks ago...knitted with feathers wool. Its a bit loose on my head, but a scarf underneath should fix that. Its not really supposed to fit like a beanie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a great attitude StitchCat! I hope the remaining 5 treatments go well - I think of you often (Hugs)

AnneS said...

That's great that you've survived your first chemo relatively unscathed ... let's hope the remainder are as well tolerated by you {{hugs}}. Love the new hat, BTW too :)

abeautifulcraft said...

Doing happy dance, I was so hoping for this, am so thrilled for you Margaret!!!!!!!!!! I was at hospital this morning with Mum and was looking on the notice board with the 'look good, feel good' workshops, they sound fantastic ...

Rissa said...

Best wishes on this journey. It really is amazing how far these treatments have come in the last two decades.

I whack my hair off every couple of years to donate for wigs for cancer patients. I am scheduled for another shearing in May.