Monday, October 16, 2006

I was tagged!!!!!!!!

Sandie tagged me a week or two ago, and I thought I better belatedly respond. I have to say 5 things that are weird about myself or my pets...shouldnt be too hard.

1: I have this strange affinity with animals, in that any will come up to me...even stroppy ones or animals that don't know me or even wild ones in zoos and become quite docile. Maybe it is because I am quite obsessed with animals and they sence that I love them heaps :) This is even true of birds out in the wild, some are quite friendly and come close to people, but I have them landing on me. Out on Community Patrol one night I had a morepork land on a fence that I was leaning on. Of course I never heard it...they are native NZ owls that fly silently. That amazed not only myself but the person I was with., that one would come so close.

2: I am fascinated by insects and other creepy crawlies...much to my mothers horror, when I was a child. My children are equally horrified. Don't like big spiders though...they are pretty yukky. But things like praying mantis' are wonderful (I used to collect the eggs and have them in my room as a child. Then they would hatch and I would have hundreds of them to let out into the garden. I also like wetas (NZ native large mean scary brown grasshopper looking things).

3: In my lounge I have a 3 seater sofa and a 2 seater. When I am doing stitching or knitting, no one else can sit next to me, I have to be spread out...and everyone else have to squash onto smaller sofa....Now thats just plain mean......

4: I keep a diary, and I have done so since I was 12. I read back over some of the old diarys and wonder what on earth was going on...I cant remember so me of the details. I just love writing down what I have done each day. It comes in very useful at times.

5: I prefer to do gardening in bare feet. I love the feel of the soil and mud between my toes (Ok Ive always been grotty). When I did other peoples gardens, they were bemused when I kicked my footwear off. If the garden has lots of nasty prickly weeds, then I keep shoes on.


So now I have to tag 5 of my friends who have blogs...hopefully they havent been tagged already...I have read their blogs and havent seen any tagging :) So I will choose Andie, Anne, Rowyn, Katrina and Lisa. I will probably annoy them more than anything with this. But hopefully they will reveal their weirdness too :)

1 comment:

abeautifulcraft said...

That is wonderful about the animals, they obviously feel you are not a threat in any way, shape or form, to be that comfortable with you. That is a special gift Margaret ....
I hate praying-mantis's .. they are the most creepy creature put on this earth .... I shudder with the creeps thinking of them! UGH
Muddy girly huh and like it squelching in the toes ..... I cannot stand it and have to go wash my feet with our red dusty sand! I've also kept a diary since I was 12 years old ......
Not so weird ... hehehe ..... what is classed as 'normal' anyhow????