Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Operation over

Its a week since I had my operation...the time has gone quickly. The hospital stay was straight forward and there were no dramas in that department. The family were able to stay at Davidson house, in another house at the back of the property, that has been devided into 2 flats. They stayed in the upstairs flat. I stayed there for 2 nights as well, the night before going into hospital and the night I came out. Really lovely and I am so thankful for the Cancer society for allowing us to do that.


As always I got no sleep in hospital....being in surgical ward, there were alsorts of dramas happening with the other parients. And the night of the operation, we had a less than thoughtful nurse who should have been in a rodeo. The poor lady she was dealing with was made to feel like she was an inconvenience to the nurses night. And because of that, the nurse kept everyone awake with her yelling and dropping of things. Oh well there is one in every bunch. Didnt get any stitching done...it was easier just to blob around and read mindless womens magazines.

Everyone I dealt with were wonderful. I go back over to Christchurch on Monday 21st for the results of the operation and to see what is next. I hope it is good pre-birthday news for me :)


I think I have finally caught up on all my sleep, yesterday I felt like I had enough insideitis, so I went with DH on a 2 hours bush walk, just to get some fresh air in my lungs. And it was good. Of course I slept well last night.


On Sunday we woke to snow...Im not sure if they have had snow in Reefton before. DH woke me at 8am to show me, but it was all gone by 10:30. The children built a couple of snowmen, which only just melted yesterday. It was lovely to have snow again...we have missed it.


Here are a couple of snowy pictures :)


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting







Late yesterday afternoon the Maori Queen Te Arikinui Dame Te Atairangikaahu, died at her home at Turangawaewae Marae in Ngaruawahia after a long illness. The Tangi will take a week and then she will be buried on Taupiri Mountain, the sacred burial site of Maori chiefs and the Queens ancestors. I can just imagine the sombre state Ngaruawahia will be in now. Before moving to the South Island, I lived in Ngaruawahia, just down the road from Turangawaewae. It was a nice place to live - semi rural, and I have fond memories of the place. I saw Nelson Mandela at Tuangawaewae, which was a bit of a thrill. My DS went to Taupiri school at the foot of the mountain. I knew some of the Queens family so my thoughts are with them at this time.



9 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

I'm glad to hear the operation went OK and you sound in good spirits. I'll be keeping everything crossed that you get good news on the 21st.

Andie said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Maggie! :) I've been thinking of you!

Andie

abeautifulcraft said...

Am so pleased to hear all went well, have been thinking about you heaps wondering how you were. I will write soon ....
I can't believe that it's snowing there and yesterday we had 27 degrees here!!! Sending you hugs

TwistedCandles said...

The snow pictures are beautiful! So glad everything went well with the surgery. Best of luck as you proceed forward!

Singular Stitches said...

I'm so glad to hear that things went well for you.

*hug*

BTW, what lovely snow pictures!! I can't wait for Autumn/Winter here in the States!!

Kath said...

Just read your message on the group. Hang in there Margaret, this is beatable and you can do it.

And wasn't that funeral for the Maori Queen just amazing.... the Maori do the grieving thing so well.

Loved your snow pics too, shame it did not last, but was nice to see. Maybe there is more there today.

Kath said...

Just read your message on the group. Hang in there Margaret, this is beatable and you can do it.

And wasn't that funeral for the Maori Queen just amazing.... the Maori do the grieving thing so well.

Loved your snow pics too, shame it did not last, but was nice to see. Maybe there is more there today.

Stitchingnow said...

Glad the operation went OK. I've been kinda buzy but glad things are good on your end. God Bless.

Von said...

I've gotten terribly behind on my blog reading and now I find that you've have surgery and prospects of more doctors and treatments ahead. Sending you hugs and prayers and wishes that this cancer will be eradicated. {{{{{Margaret}}}}}