Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Tiles

I decided to add a little bit more this was prompted by a  question ( by Singular Stitches) on my last entry asking where I got the needleroll patterns from. It is a New Zealand company called Goldings Handcrafts,  and I generally buy things from there wholesale as I have another wee hobby I do, and I have an account with them.  I am not sure whether the needlerolls  are available to the public...I guess they must be, but I couldnt find them on the site.  They will be there somewhere.



My other hobby  is painting  tiles.  I sell these to tourists at various souvenir shops and I also have a website which showcases them...Isnt if funny that I completely forgot about these until I was asked a question. 



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



This is a selection of some of the tiles I paint...but you can see the rest at my very out of date website.  I have also painted tiles for people....and have had some interesting requests.



Well I have finally got a pre surgery appointment...that is on Monday, so I imagine the weekend will go very slow.  So another long day travelling over the hill.  Hopefully the surgeon will give me a date for surgery then.



The knitting is going well again...I looked at the area I made the mistake in daylight and you cant see anything wrong with it...thank goodness. 



I am going to shut my computer down in a  couple of minutes because we are having a really bad thunder storm and I get the feeling that the power will go off soon.  Hopefully all these links I left will work :)


3 comments:

Nicki said...

I love your tiles! How on earth could you have forgotten to tell us about them before! :)

Hope the appointment goes well and you get a surgery date soon {{{hugs}}}

Stitchie Kiwi said...

Think that thunderstorm travelled up to here - boy it's a doozie, first time I've ever seen a "fork" of lightning! (and yeah - I've still got the pc on ... it'll probably fry LOL

Love the tiles :)

abeautifulcraft said...

Your tiles are gorgeous, what a wonderful hobby!!! Love the jumper, gosh you must have patience Margaret. Everything I ever knit ends up with holes in it .... *grin* Finally able to get in for a good read and catch up. My connection has been so slow haven't been able to blog for awhile ..... huggles Sandie