Wednesday, July 19, 2006

General update

Well we went over to Christchurch and I saw the surgeon. I will be having surgery in August...hopefully early August. I will have to stay in hospital 1 or 2 nights. Then go back to Christchurch 10 days later for results. That will tell me if I need more surgery...but heres the real shock...I have to have radiation regardless. So it means a month of living away from family. I can go home for weekends. All the travelling - its 3 hours one way...I think that is the worst thing about this. So DH has to work and look after the children. His bosses are very good and are ready to help...might even consider a transfer to Christchurch while I am there. I will be able to stay at an accomodation house for cancer patients which is a bonus. The driving may get a bit much, because the side effects of radiation get worse as time goes on. When we think about it, we are none the wiser to anything...but at least we are stating to get plenty of help from DHs work and the Cancer Society.

I finished the back of the cardigan....yipppeeeeee. Now I am onto a sleeve. I am so wanting to do some stitching, but want to get the knitting out of the way first. I would of added a photo but a back would be pretty boring.

5 comments:

Andie said...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Maggie.... been thinking of you often

The back would be great to see LOL I am really impressed!

*smiles*

Andie

Deb said...

Large HUG from USA- my Office Manager has finished her chemo and is undergoing radiation therapy now.
She is doing well and I hope you will, too.

Singular Stitches said...

You and your family are in my thoughts as you go through your treatments. *HUG*

Katrina said...

Margaret, just wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts, and if there's anything I can do, just drop me a line :)

Stitchingnow said...

You have my best wishes & lot's of cyber hugs comming your way. I think it is great that DH work is being suportive & hubby sounds like a good guy as well.