Monday, June 12, 2006

Time has passed

Well its been a while since I added to my blog. I have still been reading everyone elses blogs though. I have been stitching busily away and knitting. I used to knit quite a lot, jerseys for myself and for the children when they were infants. Mum taught me to knit when I was 6, so I have produced some technical looking pieces of clothing over the years. The last things I knitted were some scarfs for myself and my daughter (she got another one this past weekend). I got a bit of a bug after knitting the scarf in a few hours, so I pulled out the knitting bag where my aran cardigan awaits me. I started it about 3 years ago, and the cabling drives me up the wall. One row takes me about 10 minutes. Anyway I had only done about 6 inches up the back, but couldn't tell which row was next, so I unpulled it and will start again. It is being knitted in thick natural wool which is dyed a dark denim blue colour. No photos today because I can't find the camera. I think DH has taken it to get some photos while out and about at work today. Our town is cut off from civilisation today...all the surrounding roads are closed. In fact the whole of New Zealand is being battered by some pretty horrific weather. Where we used to live is under snow and cut off. We dont get snow here, but all the rivers are up, so they are being monitored very closely. The Trans Alpine express from Christchurch to Greymouth got stuck in a tunnel for 3 hours yesterday because of a slip. Keeps transit NZ and emergency services busy with all this erratic weather. Im glad its next week that we travel back to Christchurch for my next hospital visit and not today.

2 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

The knitting bug must be going around as I've just been doing some after a long hiatus. Keep safe in that weather!

abeautifulcraft said...

I can't knit to save myself, mine ends up all holey from dropping stitches. But my dear friend Catherine, knitted me a scarf and I adore and wear it all the time. While I was away, I heard the weather was pretty bad in New Zealand, was wondering how you were coping ...... am glad all is okay. Hugs