Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Some photos

 



I have found a camera to share some photos today. This is not the usual camera I use, but our 2nd digital...and wow it is easier to use than the other one.


 


I feel like I am missing out on all the snow around the South Island. The place we moved from, as usual in winter is covered in snow. But I can see snow in the distance on the hills, so here is a photo of what I can see.....


 



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Not much I know, but its the best I am going to get.


 


Next photo is of the recent scarves I have knitted, for myself and my daughter. The latest one is the pinky yellow one in the middle. My favourite is the dark blue ostrich and black faux fur one I knitted for myself...really warm. The others are just knitted from 'feathers' wool.


 



Gosh I am amazed at how well this photo came out, normally I would be trying all angles and positions in the room with the other camera I use.


 


The next lot of photos are of one of my cats - Misty...she is very shy and doesnt really like having photos taken. And she is always being hassled by Sid. I found Misty when she was about 4 weeks old abandoned by the river in a storm. I just happened to be going to see my friend who is a vet, so she sorted Misty out straight away and I had to keep her in a cage for a week, while her limbs strengthened. She was a wild kitten, and it looked like she had been hit by a car. Now she is the most loving, cuddly cat. It has been 10 years since I found her, and I love her to bits.



"You can squeak all you like - I'm not going to look at the camera"



"I'm still not interested"




"How much more of this do I have to put up with...I will not look at the camera"


Thats the best I can do with Misty.  Shes one of those cats where you have to sneak up and click a photo quick.

5 comments:

Rowyn said...

Great photos. Misty is gorgeous! Posted your chart today, hope it's with you soon. :-

Nicki said...

Misty is lovely :) Glad to see you have power down there, even if you don't have much snow. Twizel has been hit pretty hard by the look of the news last night!

Von said...

The snow in the mountains is so beautiful! And I loved meeting Misty - such a pretty cat!

Katrina said...

great pics of your Misty Margaret :) you asked me the other day how old my kitty was, well, we're not exactly sure as we "inherited" her from a friend about to head overseas and he'd had her a few years. When he got her from the RSPCA she was an older cat so we think she's about 13 or 14 yrs old.

we've got a view of snow just like yours today, only of the Ruahine ranges.

abeautifulcraft said...

Misty is gorgeous, so cute ... and so lucky to have a wonderful owner to care for her ....... the photos and captions were great!