Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shes gone :(

Today my beloved Harwood passed away. You may recall I had a couple of vets come and see her last month. She turns 17 this year in September and she was deaf and blind. Over the last couple of weeks, she went down hill, losing weight, and getting very disorientated when finding her way away around places. I was there when she came into the world and there when she left. She was a great cat...she shouldnt have lived past 6 months, because she was kicked by a cow then, and after spending several hours at the vets, the vet told me to take her home, but didnt think she would last through the night. Well I took her to bed with me that night, and she survived. Now she is with her borthers and sisters that have passed on over the years...her brother Scruffy died last year...he had also gone blind. Now I am down to 2 cats...Sid and Misty.

RIP Dear Harwood

28 Sept 1989 - 17 June 2006




Here is a photo (from top to bottom) of Scruffy , Sid, Possum, Harwood and Misty. Possum, Scruffy and another fluffy tortoiseshell like Misty, who was a snob and wouldnt sleep with the others all passed away last year. But as you can see from the photo, they reaaly did all sleep together like that.

Tomorrow we leave for Christchurch so I can go and have biopsys done on Monday. We are going tomorrow incase the roads arent the flashest because of the bad weather we have been having this week. Last night I was rushed to the Doctors with terrible abdominal pain...he couldnt find anything wrong and sent me home and told me not to eat. Great...no food...Not. I am eating again, I still have the pain, and just hope it is gone by Monday. I have no idea what it could be...other than I have eaten something that hasnt agreed with me...but it almost feels muscular. I dont know????? I do know that when I have been lying down in bed, I can't spring out of bed as normal...usually takes a good 5 minutes with lots of agonising screams. Must be getting old.

Its been a full on couple of days I can tell you. I have still managed to stitch and knit, so all is not lost.

14 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

Awwwwww I'm so sorry. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping all goes well for you. Take care!

Singular Stitches said...

I hope you are on the mend soon. Good luck with the doctor trip.

I'm so sorry to read of Harwood's passing. It sounds like she had a wonderful 17 years!

The sleeping kitties picture is adorable!

*hug*

Nicki said...

I'm so sorry Margaret :( It's so sad to lose a pet, especially when you've had her so long.

Hope the doctors trip proves fruitful and you get some answers. Take care in that weather down there!

Rowyn said...

What gorgeous kitty pictures. I'm so sorry to hear about Harwood... it's always hard and sad to lose a pet. Drive safely and I hope the doctors can work out what the trouble is.

Kim said...

So sorry to hear about your cat. It's hard to loose a great cat like that.

I hope you are feeling better soon, good luck with your trip.

TwistedCandles said...

So sorry to hear about Harwood. *hugs*

Could it be your gallbladder maybe with the pain?

abeautifulcraft said...

I am so sorry, it's so hard to loose a beautiful family pet ....

Something for you to read....

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

abeautifulcraft said...

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for all to go well for you ........ biggest of hugs ...
Sandie

Carol said...

I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Losing a pet is such a difficult thing.

That photo of all your cats sleeping together is just amazing!

Stitchingnow said...

Sorry for your loss. Last week I lost my Bunny and that was hard. I had A cat I just loved to death and right before I went into labor with my oldest son she passed. I feel your pain.

Stitchingnow said...

Forgot to say thanks for the comment about the mirror. I think it is really cool myself.

Von said...

I'm so sorry you've lost one of your very best of friends. It's been a difficult time for you. Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are!!

Andie said...

Maggie *hugs*

I was so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved Harwood,

My thoughts and prayers are with you

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty. :(

I hope you are feeling better. That sounds very painful.