Friday, June 02, 2006

Biscornu finished

I finished my first biscornu and it will be sent to my friend....for no particular reason - just because shes my friend and she likes my stitching.  It is not perfectly symmetrical - I thought the corners were lined up with the centre of each side, but as I stitched the front to the back, things seemed to move sideways.  Still I think it looks quite pretty and I know when I make the next one, that I will try harder to make it look how it is supposed to look :)  I used one of the perle threads I brought not long ago.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


10 comments:

abeautifulcraft said...

OKay, I have to ask and excuse my ignorance. But is Biscornu a type of stitch, or is it this item you have made? Like a pin-cushion or am I having a really blonde moment? I've been sitting here for awhile admiring the pretty cross stitch design and wondering if they are round???

StitchCat said...

Sandie, it is an 8 sided pincushion...I will have to keep practising to get mine exact.

Kiwi Jo said...

Your biscornu looks great and I'm sure your friend will love it too!

Rowyn said...

It's beautiful, well done!

Kim said...

I think it turned out lovely!

Von said...

Love your biscornu! I'm sure you've learned lots stitching this one and finishing it and the next one will be easier to put together. :D

Stitchingnow said...

It looks good to me but I do not know much about Biscornu myself. I do know that the more you do the better you will get. I had to do three envelopes before I got it right.

Lisa said...

It looks great!

Andie said...

Looks beautiful Maggie :) What is the pattern called?

Stitchingnow said...

You have been added to my list of blogs I read.