Thursday, May 25, 2006

SBQ - Specialty stitches


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This weeks question is:


What is your favorite specialty stitch? Which one is your least favorite? Why


I have to be difficult and say I love them all.  I find it fascinatinating to decorate fabric with embroidery.  I learnt how to embroider long before I did cross stitch. With all the over-dyed and variegated threads available it makes the specialty stitches even lovelier.  I always have my 'Embroidery Bible' close at hand....Mary Thoms's Dictionary of Embroidery Stitches. 


That was one of the reasons I started doing crazy quilting...to actually embroider rather than just do cross stitch all my life:)  I also enjoy canvas work too and stumpwork.  I enjoy creating with thread!


My favourite stitches are Double Leviathan stitch, Lazy Daisies, Fern Stitch, Rhodes Stitch, Algerian Eye Stitch....there are too many. 


I think the only reason one wouldnt be a favourite is when there is lots of it and  it becomes tedioius to do on one picture.



 

1 comment:

abeautifulcraft said...

I'm not sure what my favorite stitch is, I've pondered over this for a few days and really don't have one, but a pile! lol Mind you I 'tried' to stitch this afternoon and everything I touched turned into a 'plucking back out session' so I gave up.
Maybe tomorrow?
You got me on the Algerian Eye Stitch, am off to look that one up.