Friday, May 19, 2006

I will give these SBQs a go

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Thought I might as well jump on the bandwagon, and try to induce a bit more interest in my blog. It seems plenty of people stop by, but not many comment :)

So here is the question of the week...


Lately, it seems that many stitching bloggers have experienced a loss of their stitching mojo. Have you ever lost your stitching mojo? If so, how did you get it back and how long did it take?


When I first started stitching about 14 years ago, I was totally addicted. I would have a couple of projects on the go at any one time....and I would complete everything. Once I got 'Internet connected' I thought all my christmas's had come at once. I could browse for hours at all the wonderful patterns and threads available. I joined a couple of forums, then started to run my own. Then it happened....I lost it....I think I had stitching overload. I had stitched so many beautiful pictures and gifts, had a stash like you wouldnt believe, belonged to a local embroidery guild (who thought the things I had were out of this world, because I had got on the internet long before a lot of people I knew) but I lost interest...I was burnt out. Thanks goodness it didnt last long...6 months I think. I had to start small, so I got out a needlecase I had been working on, and I would do a couple of stitches, then put it down, in an area that I would always see it ( the dining room). Slowly I became interested and would pick it up regularly, my interest had returned especially when I finished that needlecase.

Sometimes I feel I could easily lose it again, so thats when I sit down and have a good look around online shops, online auctios (dangerous places) and other peoples websites and blogs. The blogs have provided the most inspiration for me, and I think I have more interest than ever before. I hope it lasts.

2 comments:

Stitchingnow said...

I have a blog with very few comments as well so I know how you feal.I like your blog. I love cat's and stitching. Maybe we can chat some more. I'm also new to the SBQ group.
Dawn B.

abeautifulcraft said...

I have experienced burn out with stitching, but it doesn't take me long to get back into it, at the most probably a few months. I enjoy reading your blog ...