Thursday, May 04, 2006

How was this done?

Totally not stitch or garden related, but I was emailed this today, and I think its fantastic. I passed it on to people on my email address book, and thought I would add it to my blog as well. Does anyone know how its done. I mean how did the person who worked this out, work it out in the first place.

Here it is....

Here is a math problem for you:

1. Grab a calculator. (you won't be able to do this one in your head)
2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT YOUR AREA CODE)
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2

Do you recognize the answer?




Obviously I have nothing more important going through the grey matter this morning!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Well that was quite interesting, it added a 0 in the middle, but yes my phone number came out.

TwistedCandles said...

That's quite amazing!