Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not Much Stitching At All


Despite the rain and a relaxing weekend, I never got much stitching done. I spent a lot of time sorting through all the freebies I have saved on my computer, printing out the ones I decided I wanted to keep. I got out the large folder I keep my freebies in and I will go through that at sometime. I have lots of lovely freebies there, but some I know I just wont stitch.

I did a bit on the 2nd Christmas Ornament (Rainbow Gem) This one is in gold and blue...picked out by my daughter. These colours show up better than the green and purple of the first ornament. By tonight I will be putting this away and moving onto the next thing in my rotation.

I also looked at quilting fabrics to use as backing fabrics for flat-folds and other finishing ideas. Lots of places to surf in and out of on the web. I actually purchased a few...got the moths in my purse excited. So when they arrive, I will take a photo and post it here.

Thanks to all the people who have been visiting my blog and leaving comments - they are great!

3 comments:

Andie said...

Hey Maggie :)

Its looking great! I just had a look around the freebie site you got those from.... they should use your pictures as the example LOL :)

~*~Nicola~*~ said...

two thumbs up - even if it does look vaguely "highlanders" colours ;)

Nancy in IL said...

Nadia has wonderful taste! I like this one even better than the first one. But I'm trying to figure out what sort of stitching this is. It appears to be weaving at some points and satin stitch at other points. I can't determine what the edge is at all. It's lovely!