Friday, March 31, 2006

Different Ways To Display

I guess there are a lot of stitchers like me who are always on the lookout for ways to display their stitching. Especially small pieces that may be lost in a frame. I got into making small pillows with ribbon on the top as a hanger. I still like the look. Don't ask me where I was looking but I saw someone post that they would make some of their little projects into flat folds. I was sitting there wondering what on earth a flat fold was. I searched all over the internet, and found a book that you could buy with instructions on how to make these things. Looking at the photo, I got a rough idea on how to make one. I didn't see the point in buying a book from the States, that once I read through I would know how to make them and never use the book again. (A bit of a scrooge - and anyhow, I would much rather use the money for extra stash). I asked on forums and was told about the book. Well surely someone out there had made a flat fold and put instructions somewhere. Did another search with a search engine I rarely use...and lo and behold...I found some instructions. From another blogger too. Read through the instructions and now I think I can make one. Much better than waiting a few weeks for a book to arrive.
So thank you Kim incase you ever read my blog :)

2 comments:

Kim said...

What do you know, I just happen to be reading your blog. ;) Actually I saw your comment on my blog and thought I'd check yours out! Love that picture of the cat you have, hilarious!

Glad my instructions are circling the globe and being used by so many people! Makes me happy to know that I can help out!

Your Pukeko Sunset project is very interesting. Can't wait to see more of your stitching. :D

~*~Nicola~*~ said...

you're world famous now! LOL any hints on coping with 8-going-on-18?